The IMPAKT Crew: “I am PAK, too” is a group for youth managing allergies and anaphylaxis ages 11-18. Together, this crew can make an “IMPAKT” on one another and their own community. We hope they will feel empowered when seeing that there are others, just like them, and lean on one another as they begin to manage their own safety, physical and emotional self-care as it relates to managing their allergies. Here are some of the activities they will be doing:
- Enjoy fun (and free!) events like game night, laser tag, bowling, movies, yoga, etc.
- Connect & create potential lifetime friendships with others handling allergies, just like you!
- Gain community service hours through outreach at allergy awareness events
- Learn to advocate for yourself individually and together
- Mentor younger children of PAK and teach them your tips for handling allergies
- Stay up to date with ongoing research & safety tips
If you are interested for your child, ages 11 – 18 to participate, please email the permission form IMPAKT Permission Form to email@example.com
BREAKING NEWS! imPAKt crew participated in the most recent FARE Walk and performed with Kyle Dine, Food Allergy Entertainer!
It was a fun afternoon filled with songs and laughter. Our imPAKt band "Adrenaline Rush" rocked it with Kyle Dine.
We are thrilled to share the first ever imPAKt Educational Video Series! The topic is Carrying Epinephrine. Here is a link to the video: https://youtu.be/OrjbXBVHpNY We are grateful to the imPAKt crew, WSOC Action 9 News Reporter Jason Stoogenke, and Charlotte Academy of Music for making this happen! After viewing the video, please take a moment to subscribe to our channel. PAK needs 100 subscribers in order to get an official You Tube URL. They will be working on more videos this spring. Feel free to send us ideas you would like your kids to watch the imPAKt crew talk about to firstname.lastname@example.org